- Hanger is real! I mentioned before that my husband and I are on a strict diet regimen. We are trying to lose weight, but the ultimate goal for me is to break my sugar addiction. It sounds funny, but it’s real. We were at a birthday party over the weekend and I totally embarrassed myself you guys…. There was a little issue with Cora and I was giving Dada directions while trying to manage the baby and when things didn’t work out I flipped. Turns out I was suffering from low blood sugar. CRAZY low you guys, danger zone. I didn’t realize it until the next day when I was feeling agitated again and was talking to my hubby about other options but we figured it out. The point of this ramble is to listen to your body! I knew I didn’t feel right, and I knew I was acting like a crazy person but it was over before I could take control. Totally embarrassing. Paying much closer attention to my symptoms now and I’ve been 2 weeks with no sugar!
- This week we took a last minute trip to LEGOLAND. I’ll be recapping the whole thing next week. Needless to say, the girls had a good time. My husband and I are exhausted.
- Cora is deep into the threenager zone this week. It’s like a defiant switch was activated. It’s no longer a not listening issue, she’s challenging me. I’m past the shock now, hoping to find something that works and hoping this phase is a quick one. Where did my sweet baby girl go??
- Cora’s not the only one getting big. Bexely just had a development growth spurt too. I’m going through some serious baby fever right now. I’ll be going to MommyCon this weekend and I know it’s only going to make it worse but I’m so excited to go! Can’t wait to see all the new gadgets to make mom life simpler. I can’t believe how big the girls are. It is such a bittersweet thing! UGH
- We are having a Farewell to Summer party this afternoon for our MOMs Club. Mine are too young for the back-to-school frenzy but that doesn’t mean we can’t celebrate the beginning of Fall. Counting down to Pumpkin Spice everything!!!!!!
5 Snacks to Keep Me From Hanger
I’m sure we’ve all seen the SNICKERS commercial, “Hungry? Eat a Snickers”, cause you’re just not yourself when you’re hungry. On this low calorie, high protein diet I’ve had a few “not myself” moments. Very reminiscent of the pregnancy hormone days, but not emotional crying, more of a hangry b*tch goes wild. Now that I know this is a side effect of my current weight loss system I have found a few snacks to help curb the beast from rearing its nastiness.
- Hard Boiled Egg – I get them pre-cooked at COSTCO and they are a lifesaver!
- Protein Pack – Sliced cheese, almonds or cashews and a few dried cranberries. Also a fav of hubby’s!
- Celery and Crunchy Peanut butter – Are you crunchy or creamy???
- Lunch meat – Chicken specifically. I like to go to the deli and get thinly sliced. I snack on it right out of the bag.
- COFFEE – We all know how much I LOVE my coffee. Coffee is a natural appetite suppressant and with a little half n’ half it does the trick.